Privacy and Transparency Notice 21 May 2018
Data Controller – MERESBROOK POLLARD SOLICITORS is a trading name of Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors of Bradford Chamber Business Park, New Lane, Bradford BD4 8BX who is the data controller. Further contact details are available from wwww.meresbrookpollardsolicitors.co.uk
Purposes of Processing – Your data will be processed in order to:
- Market Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors services to you;
- Provide services under contract to you and others;
- Comply with regulatory and other legal obligations; and
- protect Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors against potential claims.
Legal Basis – Your data will be processed on the basis that Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors has a legitimate interest in being able to achieve the aims of processing set out above. Where special category data is provided, the provider of the data warrants that they consent to Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors processing that data or that they have obtained written consent from the data subject.
Personal Data Held – As a minimum, Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors is required to positively identify its clients. This also includes positively identifying a director in the case of a corporate client. In addition, Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors holds whatever information is provided to it by its clients and others. This will rarely include special category data.
Failure to Provide Data – If you fail to provide Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors with the data required you will not receive services or marketing.
Data Sources – Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors obtains most personal data from its clients and those who have indicated that they have an interest in Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors services.
Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors also obtains some personal data from other correspondents.
Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors also collects some data from publicly available sources (e.g. Companies House).
Recipients – Any data provided by a client is treated as confidential to that client and will only be shared with others in so far as this is necessary in order to provide the services contracted for by the client, to comply with regulatory and other legal obligations and to protect Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors against a potential claim.
In order to provide its services, Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors relies on the services of certain data processors. These include secure cloud storage for files and emails.
In each case, Meresbrook Pollard Solicitors ensures that data is processed in compliance with this policy.
Third Countries and Safeguards – Other than where required in order to provide services as required in individual client matters, data is rarely sent to third countries. Where it is, the relevant devices are password protected. The devices are personally accompanied.
Retention Period – Data is held for six years from the end of the relevant matter or for six years where not associated with a particular matter.
Data Subject’s Rights – Where relevant, you have the right (subject to client confidentiality) to:
- Withdraw consent to the processing of your data;
- Complain to a supervisory authority regarding the processing of your data (https://ico.org.uk/); and
- obtain a copy of the data held on you and to correction of any errors in that data.
Automated Decision Making – None.
* “We are proud to say that we have a 100% success rate since we established for all immigration applications undertaken by our immigration department on initial application where clients followed our advice and were deemed to have even a low prospect of success due to various complexities. Of the very few that were not granted on initial application these were subsequently successful on appeal following our advice”
“Our Immigration department has dealt with complex cases successfully and does not only take on straight- forward cases. we relish complex and difficult cases. Our outstanding 100% success rate is due to the hard work, expertise and diligence of our Immigration Solicitors who ensure they go the extra mile as we believe your success is our success”